Free Stuff & Tools
Lead-In has always excelled in providing organizations with easy-to-use, affordable and comprehensive systems management solutions using our managed services approach. For a preview of how more effective IT management can assist in both personal and business ways, we’re offering the following free tools. We hope you’ll find them useful in your day to day work. Aways remediate malware and similiar issues fisrt, then aplpy security patches, cleanup and optimize. Use at your own risk!
Free Network Assesment
Like an old pair of sneakers, you may be comfortable with your computer and network security, but hackers and malware never get cozy. They are always looking for a way to get into any system and obtain information.
The biggest threat these days is malware that exploits security flaws and records keystroke information. Most business rely upon some form of online banking to conduct business and if that user ID and password are captured by a hacker or malware (which sends the information overseas) your bank account could be compromised.
Let our network assessment detect the holes in your systems and you can be better prepared to defend against these issues.
Think it can't happen to you? Take a look at the Internet Crime Complaint Center list of recent malware and scams - yes it's a real thing:
Malware and Virus Issues
Malware/Virus scanning and cleaning
- MalwareBytes - removes malware - http://www.Malwarebytes.org
- SuperAntiSpyware - removes malware -
- McAfee Stinger - removes malware and viruses -
- McAfee Mac Stinger - detect and remove specific viruses on Mac -
- McAfee RootkitRemover - detect adn remove rootkits - http://www.mcafee.com/us/downloads/free-tools/rootkitremover.aspx
- more coming soon!
Install latest security updates.
- Microsoft Operating System and Applications: http://www.update.microsoft.com/
- Mac operating system and aplications (Safari, iTunes, QuickTime, etc.) : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222/
- Java: http://java.com/
Performance Issues and cleanup
Make your computer faster.
Cleanup tool http://www.ccleaner.com